A hardwearing oil varnish stain, producing a gloss finish suitable for new and previously varnished timber surfaces. Available in six shades. Regal Varnish Stain is particularly suitable for use by furniture manufacturers and for general decorative use on all types of untreated timber.
Manufactured from a high quality alkyd resin and light-fast oil-stainers.
Easy to apply and hardwearing gloss finish.
Application: By brush or spray.
Thinning: Supplied ready for use but may be thinned with a little Regal White Spirit for 1st coat work, on bare timber, or for spray application. Stir well before use.
Drying Times: Surface dry: 4 hours.
Re-coatable: 14 hours.
Spreading Capacity: 13-15 m2/l when applied on smooth non-porous surfaces.
Equipment Cleaner: Regal White Spirit.
Colour Range: Available in Natural Oak, Light Oak, Medium Oak, Dark Oak, Walnut, and Mahogany.
Pack Sizes: 1⁄2 litre, 1 litre, 4 litres and 20 litres
Availability: From Regal Depots and through Regal Stockists.
• New and bare woodwork and furniture: Prepare surface (refer surface preparation data sheet SP 2). Apply 3 coats Regal Varnish Stain.
• Previously varnished woodwork – sound condition: Prepare surface. Apply 2 coats Regal Varnish Stain.
• Previously varnished surfaces – unsound: Thoroughly remove all varnish coatings down to bare timber if necessary using Regal Paint and Varnish Remover and/or mechanical sanding equipment. Prepare surface. Apply 3 coats Regal Varnish Stain.
1. Do not apply Regal Varnish Stain over surfaces that have been wax polished unless all traces of polish have been removed and the surface sanded thoroughly.
2. The shade effect obtainable with Regal Varnish Stain will vary greatly depending upon the type and colour of the timber being coated.
3. It will not be possible to produce a light effect (i.e. Natural Oak or Light Oak) on a naturally dark timber or timber, which has previously been stained with dark shade.
4. For best results, rub down with waterproof abrasive paper (wet and dry) or fine sandpaper between coats to remove any film surface defects and wipe clean.